A Musical Meander
August 4 to August 5
August is Wanyarra (Water) & Gurri (Kangaroo) Time in Central Victoria. Dip in and around the region, criss-crossing, tasting, meandering.... cosy firesides, welcoming pubs, bracing walks and a focus on writers and musicians. For accommodation bookings and more information about the towns and shires mentioned below see: Bendigo Regional Tourism; Visit Maryborough; Castlemaine Maldon Tourism; Visit Clunes; Visit Creswick
Saturday August 4 - drive aimlessly with intent: Meander
- Rove the Heathcote Bush Market
- Immerse yourself in inspiring music presented by the Four Seasons Fine Music Festival in the picturesque St. John's Anglican Church, Creswick and St. Paul's Anglican Church, Clunes
- Check out the offerings at the multi-site literary festival Words in Winter: Daylesford, Trentham, Clunes, Creswick, Maryborough.
- Take in the historic Old Court House in Dunolly which will be hosting the exhibition Responding Lines: “Diggings” by Darron Davies with written responses by young people
Sunday August 5 - close encounters with writers and musicians including a new work by composer David Chisholm
- Bendigo Symphony Orchestra performs at St Paul’s Cathedral. This concert will include the premiere of new work by Australian composer David Chisholm.
- Don’t miss Myuran Sukumaran: Another Day in Paradise at the Bendigo Art Gallery and follow it up with a visit to the LaTrobe Art Intitute’s Collections Focus
- Some visitors will be lucky enough to participate in a Words in Winter tradition - a competition among the participating towns for the first to correctly complete the Sunday Age general knowledge crossword. The deadline is 11am and we’re told the competition is FIERCE.